'Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.' Ronald Reagan
'Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' Paulo Freire
How we work
Our promise to you.
We believe that providing an excellent legal service is as much about how we do business with you as it is about what we do to help you. It’s important to us that we get this right.
- We will listen to your needs. We want to understand your problems and the ways that we might be able to help.
- We will communicate with you in plain English. We want you to understand what is happening.
- We will keep you informed. We want to involve you in all the important decisions and that means making sure you are aware of any progress or developments.
- We will ensure that we understand your timescales. We recognise that timing is important in many aspects of the work we do -‐ sometimes others dictate these timescales, sometimes you will wish to do so.
- We will manage the work in order to ensure that it is pursued quickly.
- We will explain to you clearly the basis upon which we will charge for the work that we will do. This might be according to the time spent, or as a fixed fee or other arrangement, depending on the work we’re doing for you.
- We will discuss possible sources of funding with you, to see whether you might be able to get financial assistance from elsewhere.
- We will provide estimates of costs where possible and update these as necessary.
- We will keep you informed on costs. We believe it is important to provide regular information about the costs which have been incurred, the way these have been calculated and the costs which you may still be required to pay.