We advise employers and employees on employment law, particularly in situations of conflict or where disputes have arisen in the following areas
- Confidential information – Information confidential to a business needs to be handled carefully. It can be helpful to define what sort of documents the expression will cover and impose specific obligation on the way that this is treated.
- Disciplinary issues – We can assist employers in the way that they handle disciplinary situations, using their own policies or the ACAS recommended procedures.
- Employment contract advice – we can assist with the drafting of contracts of employment and can advise employees on contracts they have been offered.
- Grievance issues - We can assist employers in the way that they handle disciplinary situations, using their own policies or the ACAS recommended procedures.
- Restrictive covenants/Restraint of trade – link to restrictive covenants above
- Settlement Agreements – formerly known as Compromise Agreements, settlement agreements are the means by which an employer and employee can enter into a mutually binding agreement prior to or following termination of employment.
- Tribunal claims – pursuing or defending claims in the Employment Tribunal, particularly those involving unfair or wrongful dismissal including constructive dismissal.
- Workplace mediation
Examples of recent work include:
- Advice on TUPE impact of taking over tendered contract
- We provided advice to an employee on a claim for unfair dismissal arising from a series of actions on the part of the employer, that amounted to constructive unfair dismissal. We successfully negotiated satisfactory compensation.
- Advising high level managers and senior employees on Settlement packages;
- Advising senior employee on claim for compensation/discrimination;
- Advising employees on claims for unfair dismissal and constructive dismissal;
- Advising company director on claims against the company (and its US holding company) in the absence of a written agreement. Issues arising as to whether client was employee or commercial agent and as to who was the employer. Advising on routes to compensation for early termination and obtaining compensation;
- Advising employees on a range of issues before, during and after termination of employment, including TUPE;
- Advising employer on potential claim for age discrimination leading to alleged constructive dismissal;
- Advice on Settlement agreement following sale of shares in business and continuing employment